We're energy efficient!
- 220 Photovoltaic panels
- Three wind turbines (vertical axis)
- Regenerative drive elevators
- Energy generating gym equipment
- An energy-saving heating and cooling system coupled to ground source heat pumps
- Many passive design strategies within our design to make our building extra efficient
We save water!
Our grey water recycling system saves an average of 6000l a day, making sure we never flush drinking water in our toilets. We collect rain water in a 40 000l stainless steel tank in our basement, which feeds our drip irrigation system. Plus we have low-flow fittings on all of our taps and shower heads.
Our building is a world first!
We are the only hotel in the world to be LEED Platinum certified for both our design and construction, as well us our operation. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental design. It is a green building certification from the United States Green Building Council!
We also have a 6 star rating from the Green Building Council of South Africa.